If you imagine a book lover at first glance, what would you immediately take notice of? First things first, you would expect that bookworm to have a book handy in their hands, ready, once again, to fully escape into a new world upon crisp pages. However, as much as we book enthusiasts love our countless stories, at times, our reading lives can get a little, well…boring and routine. To once again reignite your lustrous affair with books, check out the following five quotes:
1. “Let’s be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading.’’
I couldn’t agree with Lena any more on this suggestion. The Girls star is a devoted bookworm herself and in 2014 released her honest, best-seller debut novel and memoir, Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s Learned. I haven’t had the opportunity to pick it up myself, though the acclaim, and controversy, she’s received following its initial release prove that it’s definitely one for women empowerment.
2. “I am simply a book drunkard.’’
~ Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
Simple and utterly perfect words.
3. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
I’m much more of a tea rather than coffee person so this makes this great quote from the Alice in Wonderland author all the more special to me.
4. “Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn’t carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”
King is absolutely right. One of the best ways to allow ourselves more time to read is to simply have a book on us, whether it be a physical novel, an eBook, or through a bookworm app.
5. “It’s always better to have too much to read than not enough.’’
True, when it comes to leisure reading, what more could a bookworm dream about than being surrounded by all sorts of various books? Although, as a college student myself, I understand all too well the problems of having too much academic material to read!
What are some of your favorite bookworm quotes?
YouTube Channel: ThePerksOfBooks
Featured image via M&M Mariam Books