Amazon is the world’s largest online shopping marketplace. They are also synonymous with a myriad of innovative and cutting-edge products. This includes its signature Kindle e-readers, which have truly taken the market by storm. Their recent release – the Kindle Oasis – is considered the “sleekest” model to date. As the thinnest, lightest, and fastest e-ink and e-reader to date, it is also available for a cool $290.
The Oasis is also the first Kindle to include a protective cover. This is a fashionable and trendy leather cover – that is also designed to integrate a backup battery. For those lucky enough to have placed pre-orders in recent months, this new Kindle will be shipped worldwide on April 27.
Unlike previous versions, this completely redesigned unit only weighs 4.6 ounces. It also measures 0.13 inches and at its slimmest point – is 30 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than the Kindle Voyage. To accentuate its slick and streamlined features, Amazon engineers also integrated the new reader with a featherweight polymer frame that adds true rigidity.
The internal battery and electronic mechanisms have also been placed into an ergonomic hump on the back of the unit. This secures optimal comfort and flexibility when holding the e-reader, and the hump shifts device weight to ensure better balance. In many ways, it’s almost like holding a book with a spine as opposed to a digital reading device.
Not only is the new Kindle lighter, it also features a more vibrant LED lighting system. In fact, the built-in front light now has 60 percent more LED – and they are situated on the side of the display, not the bottom. This is a huge upgrade among many other features, including:
- Incredibly lightweight and slimmer at 4.6 ounces and 3.4 mm.
- High-resolution 300 pii Paperwhite – 6” touchscreen display.
- 60 percent more LED in front light – better consistency.
- Store thousands of e-books with built-in 4GB.
- Classy and chic leather cover – back-up battery compliant –magnetically sticks to Kindle.
- IGHz processor – 2 weeks of battery life on its own – 9 weeks when used with a cover.
- Read unit with either hand – battery cover with three color options.
- 3G and Wi-Fi compatible.
The new Kindle Oasis is truly the e-reader of now and the future. Get yours today and experience a world of convenience and true technology.
Featured image via The Verge