Hello, Readers, we’re back with a new post “Snapchat Login on PC”, but first let’s learn a little bit about Snapchat App. Snapchat is becoming one of the most widely used social media apps, having over 150 million daily active users from all around the globe. Launched in the year 2012, this popular multimedia messaging app allows users to post photos (called “Snaps”), videos and stories from Android or iPhones and share them with their friends and family.
Snapchat is one of the most popular apps, be it on Android or iOS. The ability to create Snapchat Streaks and send them to different friends is something we can never get tired of, and this gives us all the more reason to stick to the photo-sharing app. While Facebook-owned apps such as WhatsApp and Instagram have their respective web versions, the Snapchat web sadly doesn’t exist. But don’t worry, I have got you covered and this time I will tell you how to get Snapchat Chat PC – web version download and Mac.
How to Use Snapchat on Your PC
We’d recommend using a device with a built-in webcam, or connecting an external camera. However, provided you have a solid internet connection, you will still be able to view other people’s Snaps and your contacts’ stories.
Do bear in mind that a computer without a camera will prompt you with multiple errors, but if you continuously click ‘Cancel’, you’ll be able to use Snapchat, without having to connect a camera – naturally, you won’t be able to take any Snaps yourself.
If you do have a camera, simply click on the center button on the app to take a quick snap of yourself, or hold it down to record a video. You will need a microphone for this, but given that most cameras nowadays have a mic built-in, it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Navigate to bluestacks.com/download in your preferred web browser on your PC.
- Select the green Download to download the BlueStacks installer.
- Double-click the .exe file that was downloaded to your PC.
- An installation window will appear.
- Select the blue Install now and wait for the download and extraction to be complete.
- Once complete, BlueStacks will open automatically.
- Double-click the Google Play Store app to open it.
- Select Sign In and sign in to your Google account by entering your email/phone number and password in the given fields.
- Once signed into your Google account, you’ll be taken to the Google Play Store, which looks similar to how it would look on an Android device.
- In the search field at the top, type “snapchat” and either hit your Enter key or select the first snapchat option that appears in the drop-down menu.
- The official Snapchat app should appear.
- Select Install to install it.
- Once the installation is complete, select Open to open Snapchat.
- Snapchat will open in a new tab within BlueStacks, looking similar to how it would on a mobile device.
- Select Log In to enter your Snapchat username (or email address) and password.