Sure, boyfriends (or girlfriends) are great, but there are some things that you can’t get away with when you’re attached to someone else. But with a book, your possibilities are endless.
Cuddling up on the couch with a significant other is delightful, but what if there was an alternative to that? What if you’re single, and you still want something to do with yourself? Answer: pick up a good book, pour yourself a glass of your favorite bubbly, and settle in for the night. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed! A book can be just as awesome as a boyfriend (or girlfriend), and here’s 12 reasons why.
1. You Can Ditch Them Halfway Through
Is your book not doing it for you? Don’t worry, you’re allowed to stop reading it. In fact, you can get rid of it, and no one will judge you for it.
2. When You’re Ready For An Adventure, Just Pick Up A Book
Sometimes planning adventures with someone else can be a b*tch. But if you’re an adventure junky, and a bookworm, all you need is a book. It’s as simple as that.
3. A Book Can Last You All Night.
If you want it to.
4. They’ll Take You All Over The World Without Raising An Eyebrow
Those of us who love to travel know that it’s hard to get everyone on board with the same plan, but a book can take you anywhere. From fictional worlds, to Paris, a good book is all you need.
5. You Don’t Have To Shave For A Date With A Book
6. You Actually Get Excited When You See Someone Else Reading The Same Book As You
And you can praise them for their excellent taste, without getting jealous.
7. People Don’t Judge You If You Don’t Stick With The Same Type All The Time
You can read whatever you want, whenever you want. And there’s no defending your life choices.
8. It’s Possible To Have A One Sided Intellectual Conversation
Sure, it’s great to have a deep convo that goes back and forth, but with a book you can form your own opinion about things, and no one has opposing thoughts.
9. You Don’t Have To Have A Dating Profile To Check Out A Book
You see it, you like it, you grab it, you take it home. No questions. No unneeded babble. Just instant gratification.
10. Books Are Into PDA
You can hold it, touch it, and pet it in public, and no one is going to toss you out of their business because of it.
11. You Can Share A Good Book With Your Friends
Sharing is caring, in this case, anyway.
12. They Don’t Care If You Talk About Them All The Time
You want to obsess over a good book? Go ahead and do it. The book isn’t going to be weirded out by it.
See what I mean? Now go grab yourself a book!
YouTube Channel: polandbananasBOOKS
Featured image via lbi97 (Deviant Art)