As readers, if there’s one thing we learned early on, it’s that everyone poops. Because there’s nothing better to do than thinking on the toilet, we tend to come up with all sorts of questions ranging from “What was it like to be alive during slavery?” and “Why do men have nipples?” to “Is it supposed to come out that color?”
Well, all your questions can now be answered with the help of these 8 books perfect for fun bathroom reading.
1. The Wit and Wisdom of Abraham Lincoln: A Book of Quotations by Abraham Lincoln
One of our most eloquent and insightful presidents, Abraham Lincoln had a lot to say on anything that truly mattered. With nearly 400 quotations, this book will get you thinking, laughing, applauding, and shaking your head.
2. Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard’s Almanac by Benjamin Franklin
Full of wisdom, puns, and satire from the timeless Poor Richard’s Almanac, this book is a compilation of aphorisms selected from Franklin’s popular work.
3. The Book of General Ignorance by John Lloyd and John Mitchinson
Turns out many of the facts we think we know are actually misconceptions, misunderstandings, and seriously flawed facts, which is exactly what this book points out. It will have you scratching your head, cry-laughing, and wondering how much you actually, truly know.
4. Why Do Men Have Nipples?: Hundreds of Questions You’d Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg
Let’s face it, we all think of some really strange questions from time to time, and some of are downright embarrassing to actually ask out loud. This book address those questions, like where do brain freezes come from or why does asparagus make my pee smell so terrible?
5. 5 People Who Died During Sex: and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists by Karl Shaw
If you love lists that will amaze and appall you, this book is for you. Bizarre and odd true facts from around the globe are laid on display, guaranteed to entertain and educate you while you take care of your business.
6. What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe
Have you ever let you mind get the best of you and run wild for hours on end, only to later realize it has been focused on the hypothetical questions you probably will never find answers to? Munroe crafts answers to these very questions, offering a little clarity and a few laughs, of course.
7. Life of Pee: The Story of How Urine Got Everywhere by Sally Magnusson
No ladies, this isn’t a story about cleaning the toilets only to discover that boys really can’t aim. Actually, it’s the secret history of how urine has been used throughout history to shape our world.
8. What’s Your Poo Telling You? By Josh Richman and Anish Sheth
The perfect bathroom companion, this witty book both illustrates and medically explains two dozen different types of poo, highlighting all the things you can learn from what you left in the toilet bowl.
Have you ever come up with some truly epic questions on the toilet? Share them in the comments.
YouTube Channel: BuzzFeedVideo
Featured image via YouTube