The Bodypos movement is thriving on YouTube, Tumblr, and Instagram. People are learning to move beyond body acceptance and more towards body love.
I’m on my own body positive journey right now. I’m learning to love and appreciate the way I look instead of fighting against it at every turn. In my mind, I want to look like me. Not an idealized picture of me with perfect skin and a flat stomach!
It’s cool to scroll through the tags and see pics of other people rocking their bodies. But does that really help?
Here are some of the sweetest #bodypos books to help you on your journey of self love and acceptance! They are full of good advice and help illuminate truths about yourself and your body image. #Bodypos for all!
1. Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life by Kelsey Miller
This memoir is full of raw honesty. It is relatable as hell and will make you want to change your relationship with yourself!
2. The Beauty Myth: How Images Of Beauty Are Used Against Women by Naomi Wolf
I seriously see this on the shelf of every badass woman in my life. A must read to understand how the media are manipulating people to believe they’re not good enough.
3. Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls: A Handbook For Unapologetic Living by Jess Baker
The ground zero of the movement! Jes Baker from The Militant Baker writes an awesome feminist manifesto about how everyone deserves to feel happy with their body.
4. Lessons From The Fat-o-sphere: Quit Dieting And Declare A Truce With Your Body by Kate Harding
A game changing book! This one will motivate you to cultivate a healthy relationship with your body and understand how the idea of a ‘beautiful, perfect body’ has been altered by the media for much too long.
5. Fat Girl: A True Story by Judith Moore
A beautiful coming of age story that will resonate with anyone who’s ever looked at their body and wished for something more.
6. Fat Girl Walking: Sex, Food, Love, and Being Comfortable in Your Skin…Every Inch of It by Brittany Gibbons
A hilarious series of essays that will help you to love your unique shape, just as you are.
May you love every part of yourself! Flaws and all!
YouTube Channel: BuzzFeedYellow
Featured image via Adios Barbie