Owning the self title, ‘book lover’ is a demanding job. Reading piles of books means time, and for anyone with a full-time job (and a life!) it can be downright impossible to read as much as you want. Sure, starting a new book is easy. You choose the book, put aside fifteen minutes of your time, and before you know it. BAM! You’re addicted.
Now, how do you find the time to finish that book?
Folks, the struggle has never been more real.
1. Choosing Between Coffee And Reading, Or Coffee And Breakfast
Books win. Every. Time.
2. Getting Your Giant Novel Out The Door!
Some books just don’t fit in our bags without looking conspicuous! Time to get creative!
3. Sneaking Paragraphs In At Work
The most skilled readers are the people who can read anywhere. Sneaky, sneaky.
4. Figuring Out How To Get Off Early And Get Home To Your
Family time, shmamly time. Get home to that book!
5. Cooking Dinner And Reading
Finishing a chapter and NOT ending up in the ER with a third degree burn? A skill every reader has mastered!
6. Eating Dinner And Reading
Multitasking is key in the avid readers daily life.
7. Ignoring ‘Mom, Dada, MAMA!’ Requests With Your Nose In The Book
Child: “Dad, where are my toes again?”
Dad: *looks up from book. Boops nose. Goes back to book.*
30 seconds of silence
Child: “Dad…. Dada… DAD!!”
Ignoring attempts refresh.
8. Getting Your Tiny Humans To Bed Early For More Read Time
Plus wine. Don’t forget the wine.
9. Staying Up Too Late
Because there are only 5 more chapters to go.
10. Waking Up And Figuring Out When You Will Read The Very Last Chapter
And finally, FINALLY finish your book!
Bonus: Longing For The Book You Just Finished And Anticipating Your Next Read
Every bibliophile has feelings of sadness after a great book is done. Time to find the next one to squeeze into your day.
Read on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: Quinn The Librarian
Featured image via Barnes and Noble