Life, in all of its assortments, can fall nothing short of overwhelming every so often. What’s important is to remember to stay humble, always remain grateful, and try our bests to always look at the bright side, even when the light is dim. May these seven books offer you some solace and a relaxing peace of mind!
1. The Art of Happiness by (14th) Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutler
The world-wide best-seller is an enchanting perspective on the ways and occurrences of life. Reminiscent of a highly spiritually based interview, The Art of Happiness will leave you closing the pages with a deep breath and a stress-exhaling sigh.
2. The Art of Mindful of Living by Thich Nhat Hanh
It’s all in the mind, right? Learn valuable ways to keep your outlook on life, love, and relationships within a healthy balance with the spiritually in tune Thich Nhat Hanh himself.
3. Creating True Peace: Ending Violence in Yourself, Your Family, Your Community, and the World by Thich Nhat Hanh
True happiness and peace begins when one is dedicated to loving and bettering themselves. Lord knows we all have our issues and flaws, though that doesn’t mean we need to continuously beat ourselves up for being human.
4. The Road to World Peace by Gennaro Moccia
Will this world ever be perfect? Without a doubt, absolutely not. This doesn’t mean we can’t all strive for peace, unconditional love, and respect for one another regardless of our differences. The Road to World Peace is a practical guide towards us each doing our part to make this world a little more gentle.
5. Slowing Down to the Speed of Life: How To Create A More Peaceful, Simpler Life From the Inside Out by Richard Carlson and Joseph Bailey
It would be phenomenal if we could all control everything in our lives to go the exact way we wanted it to, right? Maybe so, however then we would miss out on the valuable lessons that can only teach in adversity. Point being: sometimes it would do us some good to slow down, accept where we are in our lives, and choose to maintain a positive perspective.
6. Life Unstuck: Finding Peace with Your Past, Purpose in Your Present, Passion for your Future by Pat Layton
Honestly, I don’t know anyone who has this life thing completely figured out. We each have our own set of values, morals, and principles that guide us, of course, though bumps in the road will still inevitably come. Life Unstuck offers an encouraging viewpoint on what to do when we hit those unexpected bumps.
7. Worry Less So You Can Live More: Surprising, Simple Ways to Feel More Peace, Joy, and Energy by Jane Rubietta
Rarely is there a time where one can not be worried about something going awry, though thankfully, there’s always something to be grateful for and smile about. By prioritizing, planning ahead, and simply taking a breather every now and then, life can become a little less worrisome.
How do you wind down after a long day? Feel free to share in the comments! (Your tips just might help someone else learn to relax!)
YouTube Channel: watchwellcast
Featured image via Socal Pain