YouTube Channel: ThinkTank
Dr. Seuss and the widely imaginative worlds he has created in some of his most popular works, The Cat in the Hat. Horton Hears a Who, How the Grinch Stole Christmas to name a few, have remained cherished and beloved in the hearts of people all around the world. His books do not discriminate against age, gender, or even how much imagination one has. If you’re ever in a bind, pick up one of his stories, they’ll help you leave your worries behind!
1. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
2. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
3. Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
4. You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!
5. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
6. You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
7. From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
8. I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
9. If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
10. You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
11. So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
12. You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?
13. It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how.
14. Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!
15. Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
16. You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in. I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
17. You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild to pick up a book and read to a child.
18. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
19. It’s a troublesome world. All the people who are in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.
20. Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.
Featured image via Wikipedia