YouTube Channel: MashupZone
Some of us may consider ourselves dog people, while others of us would do anything and everything to make our cats happy. Heck, maybe you just love all animals! Here are 11 delightful books all about the precious things that are kittens.
1. Kitten’s First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes
An original children’s story surrounding a kitty who is witnessing the beauty of seeing her first Full Moon.
2. Koko’s Kitten by Francine Patterson and Ronald H. Cohn (Photographer)
Precious, as well as sweet, this story is about Koko the Gorilla, popularly known as one of the first animals to learn various words through American Sign Language, and her experience while caring for a kitten, in addition to her mourning after its unexpected passing.
3. How To Be a Cat by Nikki McClure
A funny interactive book that teaches readers how to live, breathe and, ultimately, act as some of our purrfect friends do.
4. Kittens For Dummies by Dusty Rainbolt
As cute as they can be, sometimes, our sweet pals can be quite the handful. This guide is a great tool and is quite informative for anyone who is wanting to add a kitty to their family.
5. The Kitten Who Thought He Was a Mouse by Miriam Norton
A humorous book that follows Mickey, a kitten who is raised by mice. I have to admit, it is a cute plot!
6. Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! by Susan Meyers and David L. Walker
This adventure talks about all kinds kittens and explores the multiple shapes, sizes, and colors they all come in!
7. The Shy Little Kitten by Cathleen Schurr and Gustaf Tenggren (Illustrator)
A story following the adventures of a shy black and white kitten as she meets a vast array of colorful characters.
8. Kitten & Butterfly by Aviva Gittle and Tekla Huzar (Illustrator)
9. No, No, Kitten! by Shelley Moore Thomas and Lori Nicholas (Illustrations)
A story about a needy, vibrant kitten who seems to always find trouble wherever she goes!
10. Sleepy Kittens by Cinco Paul, Ken Daurio and Eric Guillon (Illustrations)
Kids may recognize this story from the movie Despicable Me. Kids will sure enough enjoy this literary adventure that includes finger puppets!
11. I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens by Francesco Marciuliano
A marvelous collection of poems written by kittens themselves! (wink) Francesco Marciuliano has also written another feline related book entitled: I Could Pee On This: And Other Poems by Cats.
I hope you get a few smiles out of these kitty books!
Featured image via Amy Shojai