Thanks to crafty sites such as Pinterest and WeHeart It, channeling our creative energy into engaging arts and crafts projects has become easier than ever. Maybe you’re an undiscovered Picasso or just a regular person who loves putting glitter all over things. Either way, these books will satisfy your inventive talents.
1. DIY Furniture: A Step-by-Step Guide by Christopher Stuart
Pick this one up and in no time you’ll be a force to be reckoned with! You may even start to put furniture stores out of business. (Wink)
2. The Girls Guide to DIY: How to Fix Things in Your Home Without Breaking Your Nails by Jo Behari and Alison Winfield-Chislett
Finally, you don’t have to sacrifice your fresh manicure to paint the new wooden bench.
3. Wise Craft: Turning Thrift Store Finds, Fabric Scraps, and Natural Objects Into Stuff You Love by Blair Stocker
Fun and affordable. A wonderful combo!
4. Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Crafts: An A-to-Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration by Martha Stewart
A perfect collection with just about every craft you can think of. You’ll never get bored with this 416-page guide!
5. Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF by April Winchell
Hilarious examples of what happens when the project doesn’t go exactly as planned…
6. Collins Complete DIY Manual by Albert Jackson, David Day
Another massive guide that is great if you want to have a variety of projects to choose from.
7. Photojojo! Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas by Amit Gupta
Lovely ideas for the photographer in you.
8. DIY Magic: A Strange and Whimsical Guide to Creativity by Anthony Alvarado
Even if you’re not what you would consider the best when it comes to creative ventures, that doesn’t matter! You can take on a project just because you want to.
Who wouldn’t want to make something that could potentially make their lives go smoother?
10. Junkyard Jam Band: DIY Musical Instruments and Noisemakers by David Erik Nelson
Children, as well as adults, of all ages will greatly appreciate the opportunity to make musical instruments out of regular things around the house. Rock On!
I hope you are able to get a few great ideas from these DIY books. Remember, crafts are supposed to ease stress, not add to it. Focus on enjoying yourself, rather than trying to get the buttons on exactly right. Let us know what you make!
Featured image via Popsugar